Cryomagnetics is seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team as a Magnet Engineer. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and engineering of superconducting magnets and related equipment.
This position involves:
- Design of solenoid, Helmholtz, and other coil geometries necessary to produce a magnetic field using both in house and commercial software.
- Design of machined components and production of drawings with GD&T using 3-D CAD systems (SolidWorks).
- Assist in the development of fabrication processes for manufacturing.
- The ability to use typical hand tools and measuring equipment, calipers, voltmeters, etc.
- Interfacing with engineering, manufacturing team members and customers to ensure product specifications are met and for troubleshooting.
- Participation in final product testing.
- Maintaining high quality documentation at all stages of product development.
The position requires:
- B.Sc. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- An understanding of basic electronic circuits.
- An understanding of mechanical design principles and CAD software.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to travel occasionally (10-15%) for customer installation / training is a plus.
Cryomagnetics, Inc. is a complete engineering and manufacturing technology company specializing in superconducting magnets, vacuum and cryogenic equipment, related electronic instrumentation, and accessories. The company is a world-leader in the design and development of high-performance equipment for physical science research, medical and other applications using very high magnetic fields and cryogenic temperatures. The company serves a global customer base from its headquarters in Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
Cryomagnetics offers a competitive benefits package including health care, 401(k), etc. Compensation depends upon qualifications and experience – Entry level to advanced will be considered. Cryomagnetics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please forward resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1006 Alvin Weinberg Drive
Oak Ridge, TN 37830