Cryomagnetics is seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team as a Magnet Technician. The successful applicant will be responsible for final manufacture and testing of superconducting magnets, cryogenic systems and related products. Training will be provided.
This position involves:
- Performing a combination of tasks including assembly of electromechanical parts, wiring of connectors and cables, screws, soldering and similar operations, and the use of hand and power tools.
- Performing final product testing – test setup, energizing magnets, measuring field intensity and shape, verifying proper operation of control instruments.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions and maintain necessary documentation.
- Proficiency in the use of calipers, voltmeters, etc.
- Maintaining accuracy, thoroughness and neatness during the production process.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Working closely with the Manufacturing Manager and Engineering regarding manufacturing processes and resolving technical issues.
The position requires:
- Good soldering skills and proficiency in the use of hand tools.
- Good communications skills.
- An Associates degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics or equivalent experience.
- The ability to travel occasionally (10-15%) is a plus.
Cryomagnetics, Inc. is a rapidly growing complete engineering and manufacturing company that specializes in superconducting magnets, cryogenic equipment and accessories, and related electronic instrumentation. Founded in 1983, the company is a world leader in the design and development of high performance equipment for physical science research and other applications of high magnetic fields and cryogenic temperatures. The company’s headquarters is in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Customers are worldwide.
Cryomagnetics offers a competitive benefits package including health care, 401(k), etc. Compensation depends upon experience.
Cryomagnetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.