Cryomagnetics is seeking a self-motivated individual to join its team as a Mechanical Engineer. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and engineering of superconducting magnet cryostats, variable temperature inserts and other vacuum and cryogenic equipment.
This position involves:
- Design of machined components and production of drawings with GD&T using 3-D CAD systems (Solidworks).
- Thermal and mechanical analysis of components and assemblies using FEA and hand calculations.
- Assist in the development of fabrication processes for manufacturing.
- The ability to use typical hand and power tools, calipers, voltmeters, etc.
- Interfacing with engineering, manufacturing team members and customers to ensure product specifications are met and for troubleshooting.
- Participation in final product testing.
- Maintaining high quality documentation at all stages of product development.
The position requires:
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in 3-D mechanical design and, preferably, FEA.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to travel occasionally (10-15%) for customer installation / training is a plus.
Cryomagnetics, Inc. is a complete engineering and manufacturing technology company specializing in superconducting magnets, vacuum and cryogenic equipment, related electronic instrumentation and accessories. The company is a world-leader in the design and development of high performance equipment for physical science research, medical and other applications using very high magnetic fields and cryogenic temperatures. The company serves a global customer base from its headquarters in Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
Cryomagnetics offers a competitive benefits package including health care, 401(k), etc. Compensation depends upon qualifications and experience – Entry level to advanced will be considered. Cryomagnetics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please forward resume with salary history to:
1006 Alvin Weinberg Drive
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
Attn: Human Resources